Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's been a while...

Over a year since I've written anything for this blog. 2008 was hell on wheels, medically, emotionally, work-ly. I am planning to write more in 2009. More disability writing, and other writing as I'm able to. If things go as planned, I will be more pain-free, which will give me greater energy to do things other than just survive.

Having a disability is a full-time and a half job, and everything is so finely balanced that when one thing is out of wack the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. It has taken me a long time to pick those cards up, and I'm not sure if I have the whole pack. And, having a disability does not mean that you don't also have to worry about the same day-to-day things that every human being has to deal with. It just means that you have more to do with the the same, or fewer resources.

I've been `running on empty' for a very long time, and some things don't get easier as time passes.

No comments: